apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Netware help needed!
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 16:06:23 GMT
A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Brad Nicholes wrote:
>> I finally got around to actually thinking about what is going on with the
> APU LDAP stuff.  Splitting the LDAP portion of APU into a separate shared
> library isn't going to work for NetWare.  Building a loadable library on
> NetWare is not a big deal, but building a shareable library is huge.  That is
> the main reason why there is a single aprlib library on NetWare that contains
> both APR and APU.  With the changes that you have made to split out the LDAP
> library functions, is there still a path for building everything as a single
> library?
>
> If using ./configure, you will need to modify the default to avoid choosing
> the --enable-dbd-dso flag by default for Netware.  That change went in
> before I even started the ldap refactoring.
>
> This solves the related problem of apr_pool_parent_get on Netware, although
> it was just pointed out that detached pools might already break this.
>
> [Note this flag should probably be renamed --enable-util-dso or something
> like that.]

NetWare doesn't use ./configure.  So what is the --enable-dbd-dso flag actually doing so that
I can make the appropriate changes to the NetWare headers?  Is it just setting the APU_DSO_BUILD
#define appropriately?  If so (or even if not), there is an issue with this #define as well.
 See my other post.

Brad