apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: sqlite3 dbd provider question
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 22:37:53 GMT
Tom Donovan wrote:
> I don't quite follow you here.
>
>  Are you referring to the Oracle dbd driver prepared-statement cache?

yes; my question is, even if we do construct a cache, is module lifetime
appropriate?  When accessed by several different consumers at once?  (e.g.
two libraries that rely on dbd, or several different httpd modules and
applications which consume dbd?).

The cache should probably be more tightly bound, perhaps to the pool of
the apr_dbd_provider_t reference, if it's ment to survive several cycles
of open/query/close.  At least each consuming app, lib or module might
have it's own cache, since these shouldn't be relevant outside of the
original consumer.

Bill