apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r657516 - in /apr/apr-util/trunk/dbd: apr_dbd_mysql.c apr_dbd_pgsql.c
Date Sun, 18 May 2008 10:02:08 GMT

On 05/18/2008 11:39 AM, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 11:24 +0200, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>
>> I guess this should now be > 0?
>
> Depends, really. If we want things to break when users pass in 0, then
> it should be the way it is, provided MySQL returns an error when row it
> is given is -1. If we just want to not seek at all, then yes - we should
> make it > 0.
>
> Given that we're changing the semantics here, we just need to pick one.
> I'm cool either way.

Maybe we should return a driver independent error code in the case that the
row number is < 1. A MySQL specific error code might be somewhat confusing
to the user as it might tell him that he used -1 as a row number.
BTW: As far as I see the old behaviour was not to seek at all if the row number
was < 0. Was this intended?

Regards

RĂ¼diger