apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: DBD driver license issues (must default to --without-driver)
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 13:23:47 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> This is a showstopper.  It must be fixed in 1.3.x before release.
> My fix is also incomplete: All of the other DBD drivers that do not have
> redistributable client libraries must also default off.  Oracle is one
> for sure -- I am unaware of the terms for the other drivers.
>
> ....Roy

Was it discovered that the MySQL exception doesn't work?  Or is the concern about incorporating
APR
or httpd into commercial software?

  http://www.mysql.com/about/legal/licensing/foss-exception.html

It lists the Apache2 license, and names APR specifically in "Qualified Libraries and Packages".
Perhaps this is the reason it was thought that linking by default was OK with MySQL.

-tom-