apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan K√ľng <tortoise...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creation of directories with long names
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 10:46:00 GMT
Adrianna Pinska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some Windows users in my workplace have experienced trouble with
> TortoiseSVN and long directory paths.  This is apparently an issue
> with the way apr handles long paths on Windows, and I see that in
> January someone submitted a patch to this list:
>
> http://marc.info/?t=120084193400004&r=1&w=2
>
> I have checked the current code in svn, and it looks like the patch
> has not been applied.  Has there been any progress on including some
> kind of fix for this?

I've patched apr for the TSVN build. So once TSVN 1.5 gets officially
released, long dir names won't be a problem anymore.

While I would have preferred that apr would fix this, I have no
intention to beg for them to apply my patch or fix the bug. So I fix it
myself for my builds instead.

Stefan

--
        ___