apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: freezing 1.3 tonight
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 17:02:58 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> However, I do -1 (veto) the addition of
>
> [...] and
>
> +else
> +    # no known value for 32 bit type
> +    AC_ERROR([could not detect a 32-bit integer type])
>
> for reasons already stated.  APR may add meaningless cruft if it likes,
> but I will not have the httpd platforms reduced because of it.

I'm not sure it isn't already broken if these else-cases aren't hit (in
which case the ./configure is just offering helpful diagnostics).  But
you did hit the nail on the head, this was / should have been offered
as a separate patch for consideration.

If someone wants to overturn this veto, you have a couple of hours to
convince Roy there's no effective change.

Otherwise if I do see two more +1's I'll add the type without all the
exception cruft - which can be refactored into it's own patch for
consideration in APR 1.3.1.