apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: freezing 1.3 tonight
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 15:07:29 GMT
Christopher Key wrote:

> The reason for wanting the (u)int8 types was primarily for readabilty,
> i.e. to distinguish between whether you are manipulating character data
> or numerical data.  Moreover, there are times where you specifically
> require an 8 bit uint, i.e. 255 + 1 == 0 etc.

+1 (be warned about magic 128/-128 values that vary between 2's-compliment
and binary bitwise negation for apr_int8).

Let's simply vote, I'll give this a very short voting window so we don't
block on the release.  It can still happen late today.

I read Roy's objection as just that - an objection but not a veto.