apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject freezing 1.3 tonight
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 18:57:34 GMT
On the apr_network_io front, things don't look as bad as I thought they
were for my immediate needs.  They could (should) be better, but this could
wait until 1.4.0 or 2.0.  I hadn't realized we weren't looking at an opaque
structure yet for apr_sockaddr_t.  So it's (barely) tolerable :)

I'd like to freeze ABI tonight and tag tomorrow.  This means that if there
is any ABI breakage in 1.3 it needs to be remedied today.  This means if
there is a function that *must* be added-can't wait-it must happen today.

But from my second perusal of issues.a.o/bugzilla/ I'm not seeing anything
significant that can't either wait for 1.4.0 or can't be fixed during the
lifecycle of 1.3.  So I'd say lets do it.

Please doublecheck 1.3.x/CHANGES if your patch has been backed out by you
or others, so it reflects reality.  I caught at least one ssl/evp mention
in CHANGES that had been reverted.

Bill



Mime
View raw message