apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Reviewing API-enhancement dependent bugs
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 16:55:32 GMT
Takashi Sato wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:24:31 -0500
> "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>> The suggestion for apr_bucket_alloc to fail more cleanly
>
> r582228 made apr_bucket_alloc return NULL.
> ( I've just become aware of it. )

So this bug can now be closed?  Does it yet still and yet affect apache 2.0?

Jim did you plan to backport this to 0.9.x branch?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr-util/branches/0.9.x/buckets/apr_buckets_alloc.c?view=log
vs
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr-util/branches/1.3.x/buckets/apr_buckets_alloc.c?view=log

>> for apr_allocator_alloc to win a new abort_fn hook,
>
> I'm not sure why apr_allocator_t with abort_fn resolves the issue.
> Not apr_allocator_t but apr_bucket_alloc_t should have abort_fn ?

Well, that would be a way across the board to bring the server down hard.
I don't think it's necessarily the right fit.

apr_bucket_alloc() doesn't need an abort if it returns NULL correctly,
right?