apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: dbd postgresql
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 13:32:33 GMT
On Fri, 30 May 2008 08:48:11 -0400
Bob Rossi <bob_rossi@cox.net> wrote:

> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:00:11PM +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 May 2008 17:47:23 +1000
> > Bojan Smojver <bojan@rexursive.com> wrote:

> > > I'm not convinced of the usefulness of this, but here is the patch
> > > nevertheless.
> > >
> > Wouldn't a better patch be to save the message internally so that
> > a subsequent dbd_pgsql_error picks it up?
> >
> > Not exactly critical - just a thought.
>
> Maybe a way to allow the user to get access to the messages too?

That would be for the application.  apr_dbd provides only a very
simple API for retrieving error messages

> I did notice that when I do this on startup,
>   set client_min_messages = 'WARNING';
> that the messages stop. Perhaps this is a good enough work around?
>
> I'm not sure, I don't know entirely the philosophy of the apr group.

Now therein lies a good idea: we could set that at startup, and perhaps
provide an option in a connection string or environment to override it.
Does PQconnectdb provide any such option?

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/