apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r659586 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.3.x: CHANGES build/dbd.m4 build/dso.m4 configure.in
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 20:55:05 GMT
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 03:08:10PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> It does not break backwards compat.

Existing releases of httpd will not build against APR-util like this;
configure with the LDAP modules as static and you'll see the link
failure.

So it is a source backwards compat break.  Read the definition of source
compatibility at http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html#source

""
We define "source compatible" to mean that an application will continue
to build without error, and that the semantics will remain unchanged.
""

w.r.t. waiting a week - I've been on holiday.  If nobody else cares to
review your patches, that's just tough luck.

joe