apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Rossi <bob_ro...@cox.net>
Subject Re: dbd pgsql autotools patch
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 10:55:14 GMT
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 01:49:45PM +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Here is a patch I've been toying with. Essentially, it does these
> things:
>
> - cleans up PostgreSQL detection a bit more
>
> - uses APRUTIL_PRIV_INCLUDES for all CPPFLAGS driver stuff (i.e. we
> don't need to expose that to users of APU)
>
> - is careful not to place LDFLAGS of drivers into APRUTIL_LDFLAGS (i.e.
> again, these are used for driver link, nothing else)
>
> Let me know if you think this is better than before...

OK, I can try this, however, this patch still doesn't work on windows. I
get link errors on windows because the the libs aren't linked in.

$ ./pg_config --libs
-lpgport -lm -lSecur32 -lws2_32 -lshfolder

$ ./pg_config --libdir
C:/msys/1.0/.../POSTGR~1/POSTGR~1.1/lib

So, if the --libs is not provided on windows, then it doesn't link.
Sorry to be such a pain, I don't know what else we could do here.

This is from the pgsql-bugs list:

  Well, if you are linking statically, you might as well refer to
  pg_config --libs, or any other infinite list of libraries you can dream of.
  The main reason why this is discouraged for dynamic linking is that this
  creates unnecessary package dependencies.  But for static linking, it sounds
  OK to me.  I guess we have never really bothered to carefully specify the
  static case.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi