apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Rossi <bob_ro...@cox.net>
Subject Re: dbd pgsql autotools patch
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 20:07:23 GMT
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:21:46AM +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 09:08 -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > So,
> > I get a link error, because it needs to link against -lcrypt.
>
> What kind of system do you have? Where does the -lcrypt live on your
> system?
>
> BTW, doing the pg_config --libs will not give us the right thing here.
> For instance, on my system, this returns:
>
> -lpgport -lxslt -lxml2 -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lz -lreadline
> -lcrypt -ldl -lm
>
> Many of these things are most definitely not needed for the client to be
> linked in (i.e. the --libs gives libraries used to build PostgreSQL, not
> ones required to link to pq). We have to find a better way to do this...

You know, I really think you should be using the --libs there. What
could the downside be? It's not like you need to add all the --libs to
the apr libs. It's just setup temporarily to get the -lpq to link.

I'm really not sure, but we'll certainly have to figure out how to get
it to work on mingw otherwise.

Bob Rossi