apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-1.3.0, apr-util-1.3.0
Date Sat, 31 May 2008 19:03:00 GMT
On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3)
> testprocmutex is failing under the fcntl mechanism on AIX, with
> proc_mutex_fcntl_acquire() returning rv=EACCESS.
>
> AIX docsays EACCESS is returned instead of EAGAIN for fnctl-already-locked:
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/v5r3/topic/com.ibm.aix.basetechref/doc/basetrf1/lockfx.htm
>
> http://people.apache.org/~covener/apr-1.3.x-aix_fcntl_tryacquire.diff
> resolves it but I didn't know the proper way to work the conditional
> into the build, If someone else wants to rework it I will
> retest/report ASAP.

HP-UX PARISC aCC:
Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testprocmutex               4      1     25.00%
testshm                     6      1     16.67%

HP-UX IA64 aCC:

Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testprocmutex               5      1     20.00%
testshm                     6      1     16.67%

Both procmutex failures resolved by adding hint for HP to above AIX patch.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com