apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: PR44367: do we use getservbyaddr() on purpose?
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 01:20:46 GMT
On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 09:45 +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:

> So, given that we have at least one OS that would for sure require use
> of thread safe functions, I think this should be fixed.

For instance, something like the attached.

Caveats:

- I have no idea if IBM's proprietary OSes actually have thread-safe
version of getservbyname() function - I just assumed that by looking at
other similar functions being marked safe in APR detection code

- I only tried this on Fedora 9 - no idea if it would actually
compile/work anywhere else

--
Bojan