apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: one last question refactoring the dbd (and ldap and dbm) logic
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 23:37:03 GMT
On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 17:59 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Any thoughts?  This is required before release to allow `make test` to work
> before the dbd (ldap etc) providers are installed.

Sorry, breakfast :-)

Generally speaking, we should be looking at explicit paths, because we
want to make sure we don't pick up rubbish along the way.

For make test, we may prepend the regular explicit check by another one,
possibly based on some environmental setting. Do we have an environment
variable that tells us we are sitting in the source tree?
APU_SOURCE_DIR?

In other words:

- if we find APU_SOURCE_DIR, we look locally for DSOs
- if not found or otherwise, we just look explicitly into APU_DSO_LIBDIR

Or am I missing the subject here?

--
Bojan