apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: sqlite3 dbd provider question
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 22:53:57 GMT
On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 17:37 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> yes; my question is, even if we do construct a cache, is module lifetime
> appropriate?  When accessed by several different consumers at once?  (e.g.
> two libraries that rely on dbd, or several different httpd modules and
> applications which consume dbd?).

Apparently this is one of the Oracle features. I'm not really all that
familiar with that database (nor do I use it), but I kind of remember
either comments in the code or discussion to that effect.

> The cache should probably be more tightly bound, perhaps to the pool of
> the apr_dbd_provider_t reference, if it's ment to survive several cycles
> of open/query/close.  At least each consuming app, lib or module might
> have it's own cache, since these shouldn't be relevant outside of the
> original consumer.

I don't think prepared statements can generally survive open/close
cycles. So, nobody should rely on that. I can put a comment in the docs
to that effect if you like.

--
Bojan