apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r649173 - /apr/apr/trunk/include/arch/win32/apr_arch_misc.h
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:42:12 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> mturk@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: mturk
>> Date: Thu Apr 17 09:27:10 2008
>> New Revision: 649173
>>
>> Fix NtXXX prototypes. They are all declared as NTSTATUS(LONG) not DWORD
>
> Before you let this ride, are you /certain/ this doesn't break older 2003
> compilers?  I'm betting it might... :(

Those are function prototypes declared to return NTSTATUS which
OTOH was always defined as LONG and not as DWORD.
In essence LONG is long, DWORD is unsigned long.

The reason is because kernel functions usually report
return values as failed with NTSTATUS < 0, success as 0 or >= 0.

> I'll test on my return.

It works perfectly with VS6

Regards
--