apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: veto on addition of ssl, evp code
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:26:34 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I am kind of annoyed that a branch was done for 1.3.x before any
> release of 1.3.0.  My opinion is that encourages folks to think of
> trunk as a dumping ground, which is fundamentally bad because trunk
> is the basis for collaboration.  However, since Bill is the likely RM,
> I assume he has some plan in mind that I haven't considered.

As true as that misunderstanding might be ... we simply had several
features which /are/ progressing, but needed a place to bring the 1.3.0-dev
API to completion.  You can love or hate the apr versioning rules, but they
are the rules this project adopted - and rules that consumers came to trust.

I don't think we'd get anywhere near 1.3.0-final if not for that branch.