apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r647394 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/apr_pools.h memory/unix/apr_pools.c
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:01:53 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>>
>> But now that we have branched 1.3.0 we have to live with it until 2.0,
>> right?
>> Maybe branching just 48 hours after these commits wasn't such a good idea
>> especially with these 48 hours being a weekend after ApacheCon.
>
> We have *branched* 1.3.x, we have not *tagged* 1.3.0.
>
> I'm going to hold off several days until the 1.3.0 api is settled, there's
> obvious issues for some of the new features.

Think I'll revert the apr_pool_sys_allocator_set both from
1.3.x branch and from the head.

I admit it was done in a hurry so both API and
intended usage is not polished. The proper memory profiling
and custom system allocation API needs to be done much
better then my patch does.
I'll continue development in head, but probably by using
compile time define APR_POOL_PROFILE (similar to APR_POOL_DEBUG)

Regards
--
(TM)