apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: veto on addition of ssl, evp code
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:54:12 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> No, as Joe said, you ignored prior comments - this isn't the first
> time that these concerns have been raised.
[...]
> If and when you wish to address *all* of the issues, I (and I think
> Joe too; but I can't speak for him) will be happy to see it back on
> trunk.

+1 - although interfaces on trunk/ let us flesh out any issues, the
flaws that Joe found (and I respect his and 3 other individuals
judgments over all others when it comes to SSL implementations)
reflect serious design flaws, and with issues of that severity
I agree with Joe's decision to park this on a branch until these
are proven to be well thought out.