apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Stuff for trunk (1.4)
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:05:47 GMT

Mladen Turk wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> 4. Implement apr_proc_wait_all_procs for windoze
>>> Using toolhelp library
>>
>> what's the distribution on toolhelp these days?  I know this was
>> a very fragile thing in the past (debug-oriented).
>
> Since windows 2000 it's part of kernel32.dll
> However it would need dynload prototypes since
> it's not present in 95 and NT4.

That doesn't sound problematic then.

You realize we can always go from ENOTIMPL to <do something> on any
point bump, right?  It's simply the addition of the API that would
not be permitted.

{if it's a function that we outright omit on one platform, that's a
bug, not sure how we would want to handle that if it came up.}

Bill