apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r647394 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/apr_pools.h memory/unix/apr_pools.c
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:23:09 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> But now that we have branched 1.3.0 we have to live with it until 2.0,
> right?
> Maybe branching just 48 hours after these commits wasn't such a good idea
> especially with these 48 hours being a weekend after ApacheCon.

We have *branched* 1.3.x, we have not *tagged* 1.3.0.

I'm going to hold off several days until the 1.3.0 api is settled, there's
obvious issues for some of the new features.  So these can be reverted on
1.3.x branch, and kept on trunk/1.4 for further development (e.g. to resolve
each of Joe's objections to the ssl/evp code - provided he's ok with leaving
it to the trunk for the time being?)