apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Stuff for trunk (1.4)
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:09:03 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi
>
> 1. Since my pollset wakeup patch was not accepted
> for 1.3 branch, any objections I put the code
> back in trunk?

+1 - let's flesh this out.

> 2. apr_socket_pipe_create(file *in, file *out)
> Actually a windows or any !APR_FILES_AS_SOCKETS
> wrapper. On posix it would simply return
> apr_file_pipe_create. On windoze it'll create
> loopback read and write sockets.

+1 - continuous point of frustration, but on unix is this a pipe
file or a domain socket or which?

> 3. Implement apr_file_namedpipe_create for windoze
> Right now comment says it cannot be done, but
> my idea is to create a file with the content:
> !<pipe>\\.\pipe\apr-pipe-xxxx.xxxx
> New flag APR_FOPEN_PIPE (or something) for
> apr_file_open would parse the filename context
> and if it founds !<pipe> will open or create
> pipe with the payload as name depending on the
> READ/WRITE.

will ponder, perhaps flesh this out with a proposed patch?  I'm a little
unclear yet.  But please - the new API as well for blocking semantics
since we cannot toggle from block/nonblock on win?

> 4. Implement apr_proc_wait_all_procs for windoze
> Using toolhelp library

what's the distribution on toolhelp these days?  I know this was
a very fragile thing in the past (debug-oriented).

Bill