apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Stuff for trunk (1.4)
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:30:35 GMT
Hi

1. Since my pollset wakeup patch was not accepted
for 1.3 branch, any objections I put the code
back in trunk?
This is very useful addition for both for
tomcat native and probably event mpm.

2. apr_socket_pipe_create(file *in, file *out)
Actually a windows or any !APR_FILES_AS_SOCKETS
wrapper. On posix it would simply return
apr_file_pipe_create. On windoze it'll create
loopback read and write sockets.

This is closely related to 1. cause on win we
can only poll on sockets.
It can even be APR private function.

3. Implement apr_file_namedpipe_create for windoze
Right now comment says it cannot be done, but
my idea is to create a file with the content:
!<pipe>\\.\pipe\apr-pipe-xxxx.xxxx
New flag APR_FOPEN_PIPE (or something) for
apr_file_open would parse the filename context
and if it founds !<pipe> will open or create
pipe with the payload as name depending on the
READ/WRITE.

4. Implement apr_proc_wait_all_procs for windoze
Using toolhelp library

Comments?

Regards
--