apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r647540 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/apr_poll.h poll/unix/epoll.c poll/unix/kqueue.c poll/unix/poll.c poll/unix/port.c poll/unix/select.c test/testpoll.c
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:30:35 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> mturk@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: mturk
>> Date: Sun Apr 13 01:31:03 2008
>> New Revision: 647540

>> Log:
>> Introduce apr_pollset_wakeup()
>

> -1 to this going into trunk right *now*.

OK. I'll revert.

> Furthermore against putting this in 1.3.0, kqueue and event ports both
> can have native support, via User Events which both support, but the
> current version returns APR_ENOTIMPL on both.

I only implemented the epoll and pool for now.

> Related, is that Select() is missing an implementation, meaning this
> won't work on Win32 either.

It requires apr_socket_create_pipe (another new thing I have)
so that !APR_FILES_AS_SOCKETS will work.

> If we are to include it, apr_pollcb should also have it.

Sure, it's mostly copy/paste

> It also needs the real behavior defined in the header docs, like will
> 'normal' events also be returned, in addition to the wakeup?

Yes they will.

> I strongly believe this commit should be reveted until 1.3.x is branched.

OK, like said I'll revert the patch.
You are right it needs some work, so it's probably post 1.3 material

Regards
--
(TM)