apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r647540 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/apr_poll.h poll/unix/epoll.c poll/unix/kqueue.c poll/unix/poll.c poll/unix/port.c poll/unix/select.c test/testpoll.c
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:17:27 GMT
mturk@apache.org wrote:
> Author: mturk
> Date: Sun Apr 13 01:31:03 2008
> New Revision: 647540

> Log:
> Introduce apr_pollset_wakeup()

-1 to this going into trunk right *now*.

I'm not comfortable with this going into 1.3.x, which we are talking
about starting the release process for tomorrow, without any discussion
on the dev list.

Furthermore against putting this in 1.3.0, kqueue and event ports both
can have native support, via User Events which both support, but the
current version returns APR_ENOTIMPL on both.

Related, is that Select() is missing an implementation, meaning this
won't work on Win32 either.

If we are to include it, apr_pollcb should also have it.

It also needs the real behavior defined in the header docs, like will
'normal' events also be returned, in addition to the wakeup?

I strongly believe this commit should be reveted until 1.3.x is branched.

Thank You,

-Paul