apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rolling APR[-util] 1.3.0
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:57:07 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
 > I'd like to proceed with this at the end of the weekend, unless
 > there is significant objection that we can't resolve.
 >
 > The one side effect; it's not possible to "FIX" any API until
 > we release 2.0.0 - please take some time to look at the new API's
 > and think through if they solve our challenges, or if they need
 > to be more flexible.

IIUC 1.3 allows new functions added, correct?

If that's the case I have something to add by tomorrow.
It's a new apr_pool API allowing to create 'detached'
or 'standalone' pools. Those pools don't have parent
and must be explicitly destroyed.

This is particullary useful for embedding apr in systems
with their own memory management (like Java).
We are doing some really weird tricks in
Tomcat and Mina just to deal with premature and zombie
memory access.

Regards,
--
(TM)