apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Projects using APR
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 00:25:14 GMT
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:41 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

>  AFAIK nobody explicitly has tested this.  If your OpenVMS compiler
> toolchain
>  is similar enough to a gcc toolchain, you should not have any problems in
>  asking ./configure to work out the details from its compile/link tests.
>
>  If not, obviously patches are always welcome!

I believe there is a port of apache2 to openvms that was done by
whoever owns openvms at the moment (HP? I don't keep track anymore),
which would have required them to port APR, but I don't think the code
was ever released publicly, or if it was, it wasn't ever mentioned on
this list.

I would be incredibly surprised if APR built out of the box on VMS,
but we'd certainly welcome any patches to make it happen, as wrowe
said.

-garrett