apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Greer" <angrypars...@mipsisrisc.com>
Subject Re: Patch to fix sendfile on OS X
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:51:26 GMT
Ok, here's a patch for trunk that works with all test cases. I've put in
most of the changes from wrowe's patch at
http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/working.patch as well.

>From what I can gather on the OS X man page (yay weasel-words! now you
can't hold me accountable if I'm wrong), writev() will either send
everything and return the number of bytes sent, or send nothing, return
-1, and set errno. I guess we won't have to deal with incomplete writes
for the headers and trailers.

The only problems I see now are that the code is kind of ugly and
non-blocking I/O sticks in the loop instead of returning right away.

Geoff