apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Rolling APR[-util] 1.3.0
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:42:37 GMT
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 04:41:22PM +0200, William Rowe wrote:
> The one side effect; it's not possible to "FIX" any API until
> we release 2.0.0 - please take some time to look at the new API's
> and think through if they solve our challenges, or if they need
> to be more flexible.

I think APR looks good.

APR-util less so.  Many of the problems with the SSL code have not been
resolved, http://marc.info/?l=apr-dev&m=117508244300387&w=2

Likewise for EVP interfaces,
http://marc.info/?l=apr-dev&m=119574545706381&w=2 and
http://marc.info/?l=apr-dev&m=119574538906243&w=2

at least some of these problems will at require API changes to fix, so
it seems dumb to ship as-is.

I would (again) suggest moving this stuff out onto a branch so those
interested in making it work can do so without getting in the way of
releases.

joe