apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Patch for passing NULL as value argument to apr_env_get
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:36:59 GMT
On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 22:41 -0300, C├ęsar Leonardo Blum Silveira wrote:
> I'm really sorry if this is annoying, but no one gave any feedback on
> this. Hasn't anyone liked the idea? Or maybe I should log this on
> bugzilla?

I think this in unlikely to be included, as it changes the usual APR
behaviour (which is something you noted yourself). Usually, we just let
things segfault if values passed into the function are not correct.

BTW, you can solve your problem by wrapping APR functions into your own,
where you do perform the checks and/or define needed variables
correctly.

--
Bojan