I'm assuming this works in specific environments, perhaps Windows using a Windows AD.  I have been unsuccessful creating an SSL connection at all against either Novell Edir's LDAP connector, or against an OpenLDAP directory running on Linux (although a native compile on the Linux box works fine with the same OpenLDAP server).

The patch *does* assist in that it provides a consistent error message across XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003.

Thx... HH