apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP over SSL on Win32
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:51:56 GMT
Hi Harry,
> I've used the Novell CLDAP libraries and they work very well for me with
> other projects, even when accessing an MS AD or OpenLDAP.  I would love to
> see it as a switchable option.  Even with this patch, I have not been able
> to resolve the issues I've been having (although it does now produce a
> consistent error across all 3 Windows OSs (2000, XP, and 2003 Server)).
I've just build Apache 2.2.8 with Novell CLDAP, and that works fine for me with LDAPS
against Novell eDir; not yet tested against OpenLDAP since I have no server handy;
here are binary archives in zip and 7zip (about 40% smaller) format:
http://www.gknw.net/development/apache/httpd-2.2/win32/httpd-2.2.8-novelllcdap-w32.zip
http://www.gknw.net/development/apache/httpd-2.2/win32/httpd-2.2.8-novelllcdap-w32.7z
there's a sample config httpd-authnzldap.conf in the ./conf/extra folder;
please test, and let me know how that works for ya...

if you want to build self then here's what I had to change:
http://www.gknw.net/test/httpd_patches/httpd-2.2.x-novell-cldap-patch.zip
the archive contains a patch which changes the *.dsp files to use the Novell CLDAP libs,
and patches the defines in srclib/apr-util/include/apr_ldap.hw;
I've also hacked an awk script which can do the switch between different LDAP SDKs;
there's a GNU makefile (sorry, but was too lazy to lookup the nmake syntax) which
can switch between those LDAP SDKs which are currently available for Win32;
however the apr_ldap.hw ifdefs support currently only the Novell CLDAP SDK in
addition to the MS LDAP SDK; if I get my hands on an OpenLDAP SDK I can add this too;
I guess Mozilla is also possible - but I've not tried yet...

A proper solution would be to add targets for each additional LDAP SDK, and then call
the awk script from there so that the generated apr_ldap.h contains the right defines;
and I think another target without LDAP support could also be useful...

greets, Guenter.