apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP over SSL on Win32
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:06:55 GMT
Hi,
> ++1; the point isn't to ponder dropping one for it's bugs, but to set out
> to add functionality to apr-util-1.3 to break our compile-time
> dependencies
> on the consumer of apr-util, and in apr-util-2.0 to deprecate bogusness.
you still didnt explain what speaks against to enable building on Win32 with OpenLDAP;
or to enable building with Novell CLDAP on all platforms including Win32
(as you can see from the link I've posted the Novell SDK is available on almost every platform)?
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/LDAP_Libraries_for_C

I think the APR(UTIL) user should be allowed to use the SDK of his preference.

BTW. I have already in the past clarified that it is legal to re-distribute the *.dll / *.so
from the Novell CLDAP SDK.

Guenter.