apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP over SSL on Win32
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:22:46 GMT
Hi,
> The lack of the use of an autoconf-like tool on Windows keeps this from
> being practical. If you hand tweaked the header files, and linked to the
> libraries correctly, there is nothing stopping you binding against the
> Novell CLDAP. Hand tweaking however is error prone and tiresome, at some
> point you want to hand this over to an autoconf-like tool.
well, I've hacked now a simple awk script which just switches the defines in apr_ldap.h;
and this can be called during build for creating the apr_ldap.h instead of just copying
from apr_ldap.hw, so this task can be done automaticyally on Win32 too.
What's though very bad is that currently both mod_ldap and mod_authnz_ldap also link
itself against wldap32.lib, and thus a change of the LDAP SDK would require to change the
project files / makefiles too.
Current situation is that mod_ldap needs 12 symbols, and mod_authnz_ldap 1 symbol from the
ldap libs.
Cant we create wrappers around these ldap functions to make the LDAP support completely
happen in apr-util, and then only link against that?

Guenter.