apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Harry Holt" <harryh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP over SSL on Win32
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:31:25 GMT
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> > Thank you for your work with this, and for sending it to me.
>
> > Unfortunately, it does not solve the problem I am having.  But, at least
> > now
> > the error message is consistent across all 3 version of Windows that I
> > have
> > been working with!
>
> > I am copying the APR DEV mailing list so they can take a look at this.
> well, either my mailserver did cut the attached bits, or it lost somewhere
> else....
> Harry, or Victor, can one of you perhaps send it to me? thanks in advance.

Probably my fault.  Source attached to this message.

> Regarding LDAPS at all: I also tested a lot with the M$ implementation
> with another project,
> and didnt get it properly working - finally I used either an OpenLDAP
> Win32 port,
> or the Novell CLPAP SDK which both worked then fine for me.

I've used the Novell CLDAP libraries and they work very well for me with
other projects, even when accessing an MS AD or OpenLDAP.  I would love to
see it as a switchable option.  Even with this patch, I have not been able
to resolve the issues I've been having (although it does now produce a
consistent error across all 3 Windows OSs (2000, XP, and 2003 Server)).

--
Harry Holt, PMP