apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: LDAP over SSL on Win32
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:05:39 GMT
Victor wrote:

> Yes, the new code works for me, but I didn't pass any test included in
> the APR project (if they exist). I simply compiled the new code, and
> tested the connection, not only with ldaps, but also with simple ldap. I
> also track the TCP packets with WireShark and checked that SSL handshake
> was made with ldaps and no plain text password was sent over the wire.

I just committed the change - can you confirm for me that what is
committed (to apr-util trunk) works properly? If so, I'll backport it to
v1.2 as well.

> I tested the result in Windows XP and Windows 2000 Server (different
> wldap32.dll versions), but I think more intensive testing is needed. It
> is important the user that launches the Apache service and/or the
> Windows certificate store where we must put the CA certificate
> (intrinsics of this API).

So far the word is that the Windows LDAP API requires that CA
certificates and keys be set in the registry, but I don't know of any
docs that describe how this might be done.

Do you know if this is documented anywhere?

Regards,
Graham