apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: LDAP over SSL on Win32
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:30:39 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:

> you still didnt explain what speaks against to enable building on Win32 with OpenLDAP;
> or to enable building with Novell CLDAP on all platforms including Win32
> (as you can see from the link I've posted the Novell SDK is available on almost every
platform)?
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/LDAP_Libraries_for_C

The lack of the use of an autoconf-like tool on Windows keeps this from
being practical. If you hand tweaked the header files, and linked to the
libraries correctly, there is nothing stopping you binding against the
Novell CLDAP. Hand tweaking however is error prone and tiresome, at some
point you want to hand this over to an autoconf-like tool.

Regards,
Graham