apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ionut Oancea <ionut.oan...@avira.com>
Subject Problem with APR for glib20 (pthread_attr_setstacksize () don't exist)
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:16:29 GMT
Hi,

    I compiled APR on glibc2.0 system (Linux-i386-gc20) and nothing
wrong happend(probbably because APR compiler don't use "-Wall" flag).
But when I tried to use in my application, the linker say: "
libapr-1.so: undefined reference to `pthread_attr_setstacksize' ". For
system with glibc2.2(and grater) that function is defined in
"pthread.h", but in glibc2.0 don't exist.

    In APR, pthread_attr_setstacksize () function is called in
threadproc/unix/thread.c from apr_threadattr_stacksize_set() function,
without  verifying in prealable if "_POSIX_THREAD_ATTR_STACKSIZE"(flag
from Single Unix Specification, Version 2) is defined.

    Tell me please if I must link one other library (for
pthread_attr_setstacksize () definition) from my system if  exists, or
to undefine  the  apr_threadattr_stacksize_set()  declaration in my case.

    Best Regards,
    Ionut