apr-dev mailing list archives

From Victor <victor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP over SSL on Win32
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:00:18 GMT
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> Can you confirm that it works for you? It seems a straightforward change.

Yes, the new code works for me, but I didn't pass any test included in the
APR project (if they exist). I simply compiled the new code, and tested the
connection, not only with ldaps, but also with simple ldap. I also track the
TCP packets with WireShark and checked that SSL handshake was made with
ldaps and no plain text password was sent over the wire.

I tested the result in Windows XP and Windows 2000 Server (different
wldap32.dll versions), but I think more intensive testing is needed. It is
important the user that launches the Apache service and/or the Windows
certificate store where we must put the CA certificate (intrinsics of this
API).

Regards

Victor