apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucian Adrian Grijincu" <lucian.griji...@gmail.com>
Subject Google summer of code 2008
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:23:47 GMT
http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.com/2008/02/sounds-like-summer.html

I would like to know whether APR is going to participate in this
year's Summer of Code and if yes, if anyone is willing to mentor.
There are a few things I'd like to work on:
* logging - and object oriented & compositional model for logging to
files, std{out, err}, the Windows event viewer, whatever else.
* adding support for the new vista APIs
* Interprocess semaphores and read/write locks

These are things I've previously talked about here but as of yet
hadn't the time to address.

PS: I may be illegible for participating on the contest (interning at
Google), but I can provide help on these matters to other possible
students (and I know of at least one that is keen on working at this).
Anyway, first APR must decide whether it participates at this program
or not.

--
Lucian