apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Harry Holt" <harryh...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP over SSL on Win32
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:36:53 GMT
Okay, apparently, with the binary distribution of Apache 2.2 for Win32,
(with the Microsoft LDAP SDK compiled into apr-util) it is not possible to
initialize an SSL connection to an LDAP server using mod_ldap and

During startup I get:

[info] LDAP: SSL support unavailable: LDAP: CA certificates cannot be set
using this method, as they are stored in the registry instead.

And if I try to initiate an SSL connection with an LDAP server I get:

[warn] [client] [8048] auth_ldap authenticate: user vec02
authentication failed; URI /svn [LDAP: an attempt to set LDAP_OPT_SSL on
failed.][Parameter Error]

So, my questions:

Am I crazy or is LDAP over SSL just not supported for this distribution?

If I'm not crazy, is there a binary distribution of aprutil-1.dll that will
support this (that anyone knows of) or will I have to figure out how to
compile it myself?

I appreciate any info and pointers.

Thx... HH

Harry Holt, PMP