apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: libketama/apr
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:03:26 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> Paul (pquerna),
>
> Did I see a commit flash past from you working on that a while ago ?
> Or is my memory way off ?
>
> As I am about to do some work here* - and am wondering if this should
> be done properly or as a one off hack. (libketama has some funny exit
> codes, etc - so it takes a bit of wrapping),

To use libketama, you should just be able to use this callback function
in apr_memcache trunk, to do server selection:

* Custom Server Select callback function prototype.
* @param baton user selected baton
* @param mc memcache instance, use mc->live_servers to select a node
* @param hash hash of the selected key.
typedef apr_memcache_server_t* (*apr_memcache_server_func)(void *baton,
                                                 apr_memcache_t *mc,
                                                 const apr_uint32_t hash);

If you need any other callbacks added, just let us know and we can look
into getting them into trunk.  I would like to make apr_memcache
behaviors more plugable, rather than people having to patch it.....

On libketama, you need to be aware of issues with flapping nodes and
cache consistency issues... Its definitely something I wouldn't want
apr_memcache using by default.

Thanks,

-Paul