apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject proc_mutex recovery backport needed?
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:54:34 GMT
In trunk, locks/unix/proc_mutex.c has:

#ifdef HAVE_PTHREAD_MUTEX_ROBUST
        /* Okay, our owner died.  Let's try to make it consistent again. */
        if (rv == EOWNERDEAD) {
            pthread_mutex_consistent_np(mutex->pthread_interproc);
        }

In 1.2.x it is protected by a different macro:

#ifdef HAVE_PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR_SETROBUST_NP
        /* Okay, our owner died.  Let's try to make it consistent again. */
        if (rv == EOWNERDEAD) {
            pthread_mutex_consistent_np(mutex->pthread_interproc);
        }
        else

The macro referenced by the 1.2.x code is not settable via APR
autoconf and becomes dead code.

This block has undergone some churn in trunk around conditionally
enabling the feature relative to other directly tested features:

Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com