apr-dev mailing list archives

From <johan.wik...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Symbian support in APR
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:28:35 GMT
> wrowe@rowe-clan.net wrote:
>I expected something similar although APU_EXPORT_DATA() might
>make more sense for the first macro (consider line lengths!)

Yes, I fully agree that the macro is a bit long (to put it mildly).
However, they come in pairs; one for declaring the data and another
one for defining it. For defining I use APU_DEFINE_EXPORTED_DATA,
which is nicely symmetrical with the macro for declaring the data.
But I'd be happy to use shorter alternatives.

>Here's the issue;
>
>   http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html
>
>We need to introduce these new macros with the next minor
>(1.3) bump, although we do -not- have to wait for 2.0 since
>(as you pointed out) there will be no ABI breakage on existing
>platforms.

Yes, having sent the previous posting, I looked around and found
that link, and realized that this change surely will need a change
in the minor number.

Ok, so what's the best way to proceed?

Johan