apr-dev mailing list archives

From <johan.wik...@nokia.com>
Subject Symbian support in APR
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:09:09 GMT

Hi,

A few years ago at Nokia Research Center we ported Apache
httpd to the Symbian/S60 platform (the OS that is used in
Nokia's smartphones) and in the spring of 2006 we open
sourced the results under the name Raccoon
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/raccoon).

Last summer MWS - a consumer oriented mobile web server
based upon Raccoon - was launched (http://mymobilesite.net).

>From the beginning our intention was to get the Symbian port
integrated into the mainstream Apache distribution and now I'd
like to take some concrete steps in that direction.

I asked on the Apache development list on how to proceed and
was suggested that having Symbian support added to APR would
be the first step.

So, now I'm asking the same question here. How should I proceed
in order to have our Symbian APR port included in the APR
mainstream distribution? Our Apache port is based on version
2.2.4, so the APR version is 1.2.8.

I'd be happy to provide a description on what kind of
modifications have been done where.

Best regards,
  Johan Wikman