apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: win32, apr_process_create and cmd.exe
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:32:26 GMT
Antonia Tugores wrote:

> I'm having some troubles with apr_process_create in win32 platforms. When I
> try to execute cmd.exe the result is a message like "The system can't find the
> specified path". The command type I used is APR_SHELLCMD_ENV, so cmd is in
> the path. With other applications it worked fine, the only one that fails is
> cmd.exe.
>
> By the way, I am not using pipes nor std_out/err files, and the apr version I
> use is 1.2.11.

There's your problem, I'm guessing.  Set up (even to "NUL" file) your std
in/out/err, and cmd.exe should stop wigging out.

cmd.exe can't run in a vaccum.  Also, if it's shellcmd, why would you invoke
a shell of a shell?  That's a whole lot of indirection.  APR_PROGRAM_ENV
sounds like what you wanted.