apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: Hard to build httpd & APR on OS X Leopard
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:37:39 GMT
Tim Bray wrote:
> Disclosure: My autotools expertise is not that great.  In fact, since
> I've been in Ruby & Java mostly the last few years, I may be missing
> something obvious at the ld or gcc level.  This is all with a fresh
> 2.2.6 tarball downloaded earlier this week.  This note to both dev@httpd
> & dev@apr because the problem seems to be in the crack between them.
> Hokay... I suspect it's most likely that's I'm just ignorant of
> something obvious that Everybody Knows.  If so, what is it?
>
> It does seem like it shouldn't be this hard.  -Tim

As far as I know, this is all fixed in 2.2.8, which is currently being
voted on to be released.

Pre-release version is available from:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

The root cause is that Apple bundles a modified APR to support Sendfile
on Leopard, but we didn't get the patches until after Leopard came out.
  APR 1.2.12, released on November 27, 2007, fixes these and a few other
issues on Leopard:
http://apr.apache.org/

httpd 2.2.8, is the first version of httpd to bundle the upgraded APR.