apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem compiling APR 0.9.x misc/win32/rand.c
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:37:24 GMT
Hi,
> That's probably not a good idea for several reasons, the first of
> which  is that we have been around this file a half dozen times.  APR
> deliberately excludes a vast amount of junk from being compiled, very
> likely including some crypt stuff.  By compiling windows.h first, we
> end up with a very slow compile for one module, but overall we win
> by orders of magnitude on the rest.
omitting the windows include was only a suggestion since apr.h includeds it
already, otherwise I dont care about. The important thing was moving the
wincrypt header include after apr.h to get the _WIN32_WINNT define from it.

> Each successive change has broken this file in a different way in
> different environments, I'm adverse to patching if it's failing with
> VC6 out-of-the-box and missing the modern (2002-2003 timeframe) sdk.
yes, it was on a box where I had only a 'VC6 out-of-the-box'... (not mine);
but this break was really the only one - after changing the include order
compilation succeeded; got httpd 2.0.63 compiled, and its running fine so
far - though not much tested except running some PHP5 apps from it...

Guen.